Saturday, July 18, 2009

includes a sack lunch

We've had a pretty calm and casual week. Bella is continuing to do just great. She seems to be settling in enough that her sense of humor is coming out. She makes me laugh alot!
***PSA: if your dog comes into the room with a shredded tissue hanging from her mouth, its a safe bet there is a mess in the other room you'll need to clean up***

This was a neat moment. She seems startled by her reflections -no mirrors in prison- so I took down a large wall mirror to see what she thought.

"Bella, meet Bella."
"If only my nose was just thaaaat much longer"
In my garden, this Bee Balm bloom had just starting to open up. Kinda looks like a crown to me - and reminds me of the crown that is worn by King Julian, the lemur, in the Madagascar movies/tv shows. (as seen HERE ) I am addicted to the Penguins of Madagascar show on Nickelodeon channel.


Finally!....a gold finch showed up to the seed "sack" of finch food I hung for them. As long as they like eating from here, its really a pretty nice deal. The seed doesn't fall out and germinate on the ground, the seed doesn't get wet, and only finches eat there. If you click on the picture, you can see him getting a seed.

Steve and I are off so see a concert this evening (note to burglars: don't bother trying break in, there will be dog sitters present). If you are a follower of this blog, you might be able to guess who we are seeing, with this clue: The artist is someone I have never seen before, and is on the "Top Three singers I would love to see in concert" List. Oh hell yeah I am taking my camera, and maybe even a tripod......there will be pictures soon!


1 comment:

StellaStar said...

Oooh! Neat! Sorry I've been MIA...I started school full time, I'm working 30 hrs a week, and it's crunch time for my wedding. Sadly, this means blogging gets neglected :(