(For anyone unfamiliar to papercrafting, a "crop" is to scrapbooking/card making, what a "bee" is to quilting.) Steve will be home all day by himself. I bet he cant wait, either..hehe
Tomorrow I happen to be working on a scrapbook, but normally I make greeting cards. Below are a couple of new ones.
This is a card I made for my friend, Audrey, who's son just left this week for basic training. I cant believe how hard it must be for mother to send her baby of a man off to the military right now. He enlisted of his own accord, but still........
I hope this will cheer her up!
This is a card I made to swap with my other Crop Divas. We each make one kind, then trade with the other three.( Its like a cookie exchange at Christmas. ) The long purplish stems in the middle were hand made, using flock glued to floral wire. The ribbon that holds the bouquet says: "celebrate". This is a birthday card inside.
OK, enough paper crafting for all the disinterested.
I had to teach (sub) a strength class first thing this morning. I used to have a regular weekly class, but took a break for a while, and just sub now. I kinda got burned out having to prepare a routine for 9am every Monday. So now, I fill in for other teachers, and have been busy alot this summer. They all laugh at me when I tell them I still get so nervous that I could throw-up. You would think as loud-mouthed and chatty as I am, that I wouldnt feel this way. I dont get it either.
This afternoon, I went over to my mom and Fred's (her husband), to work on a project in his workshop. In an antique shop, yesterday, I found this neat chandelier. I had been striped of its wiring, and spray painted white. All of it was white. The more I looked at it, I just knew I could turn the light cups 180 deg., and make it into a standing candelabra. Seemed simple enough. Not. When I turned the cups around, they swayed out too much. So Fred said he thought I could bend the arms a little and level them up. Sure enough - it worked. We also found out, when we disassembled the fixture, that three of the stem parts were glass! So Fred was able to knock the paint off with a wire brush wheel on his grinder wheel. WOW, it is so cute - very shabby chic. I'll post a picture of it another time.
Does anyone else love the vintage candy from your childhood? I bought a bag of penny pieces (although its not pennies anymore), and got PeanutButter Kisses, BlackJacks, Jelly Nougats, and those coconut Neapolitans. On that heartwarming thought, I will say goodnight, and have a super great weekend! Stay cool if you live around here - tomorrow is another 90 degree day!
Val
No comments:
Post a Comment